Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween Witches' Brooms

October is EASILY the busiest month of the year for me. Sure Christmas is hectic, but the minute October hits, it's officially Halloween season, and myself and the hubby can be found all over the city checking out the latest Halloween props at whatever store carries them! Between costume planning, prop building and party prepping, October seems to fly by and yet again, here we are with 6 days to go for our annual Extravaganza!

Tonight I was testing some quick and easy treats for next weekend's party, and thought it would be great to share on the blog... as you may have noticed, there has been a lack of posting since October set in ;)

Anywho, if you're looking for an easy treat to make, this is it! I won't take the credit for the idea as I saw it online, cropped the picture, and now I have no idea where it's from! I do remember there were no instructions with it, so I've listed below how I made it happen :)



*Update: Found my source, with their instructions as well*


Ingredients:
  • Pretzel sticks
  • Reese's Pieces Minis












Instructions:

1) First, unwrap all of your Reese's Pieces Minis and lay them out on a platter (or a fabulous Halloween themed plate...)


2) Next turn your oven to Broil. Place a batch of 4-5 pretzels on a baking tray and place them in the oven. Leave them in there for 20-40 seconds. The purpose is to heat the pretzels so they melt down through the chocolate.



3) Remove pretzels from oven and quickly, one at a time, insert them slowly into the top of the Reese's Pieces Mini. Note: Have patience and make sure the pretzel is hot enough to melt down through the chocolate, otherwise you will crack the chocolate to pieces... trust me on this! You may need to return it to the oven a couple of times if the pretzels lose their heat as you go.




Easy-peasy and obviously tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment