Saturday, April 13, 2013

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Bacon!

Oh so tasty!

Who doesn't love brussel sprouts?!?! Okay.... most people! I was actually one of the those people until I tried this recipe and realized how good they taste roasted!! Maybe the bacon has something to do with it? Either way, they're delicious! You have to trust me on this, I really 'hated' them until I tossed them in the oven, now I can't stop eating them!



Original recipe was a gem I found on Pinterest.

Ingredients
  • Brussel Sprouts: 1 heaping handful per person
  • Bacon: 1 strip per 2 people or more if you're obsessed with bacon and aren't using this as a 'healthy' side ;)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil




Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2) Wash your sprouts well, they're like mini cabbages so make sure you get in around the leaves to get the hidden dirt! Chop them in half or quarters depending on their size, keeping in mind they shrivel as they roast! Spread them out on a baking sheet.



3) Using a sharp knife, slice your bacon into small slivers.



 4) Add bacon to the baking sheet with the brussel spouts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil. Using your hands, toss ingredients together to ensure everything is lightly coated with seasoning and oil. Spread ingredients out over the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.




Voila! You have delicious roasted sprouts. Try them!!! And if you still don't like brussel sprouts after this, there's probably no hope that you ever will ;)

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what you were on about in the first line...love brussels sprouts? Who loves them?!

    I have to admit though, if anything can make brussels sprouts better, it's bacon.

    ReplyDelete