Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pistachio-Crusted Salmon

Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Scalloped Potatoes

I LOVE salmon. There. I said it. I order it in restaurants, I make it at home in the oven, I grill it on the bbq in the summer, and I love it pan fried! So, when I found this recipe for pistachio-crusted salmon (in my trusty Looneyspoons Collection), a new and potentially delicious twist on my fav little fishy, I knew I had to try it. Good call, I've had it several times now, and it never disappoints! I've got one word... yum!



Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
  • 2 tsp Hot Horseradish (optional, if you're not into this ingredient)
  • 3/4 cup fresh Whole-Grain Bread Crumbs
  • 1/3 cup Shelled Pistachios
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh Parsley
  • 1/2 tsp grated Lemon Zest
  • 1/4 tsp each Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
  • 4 fresh Skinless Salmon Fillets (about 6oz/170g each) 1 inch thick
  • 2 tsp Butter, melted

Instructions

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.

2) In a small bowl, mix together Olive Oil, Mustard and Horseradish (I left out the horseradish sauce b/c I'm not a fan). Set Aside.

3) Using a food processor or mini chopper, grind Pistachios until finely ground, but not powdery. Transfer to a medium bowl and add fresh Bread Crumbs, Parmesan, Parsley, Lemon Zest, Salt and Pepper. Stir gently using a fork. Add Olive Oil Mixture and stir again, just until rub mixture is moistened (like you're making a crust for a cheesecake).


4) Rinse Salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle Fish lightly with Salt and Pepper. Place in baking pan. Press 1/4 crumb mixture on top of each fish fillet. Drizzle tops with melted butter.

I love how thick the crust is!

5) Bake on middle oven rack for about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Be careful not to overcook the fish. Turn on the broiler and broil fish for 1 minute. Crumbs should be golden brown and fish should flake easily with a fork. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment