Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Food Challenge *Updated*

As I've mentioned before, I've really only started exploring new foods and flavours over the past few years. This means, there is still so much left for me to try! Over the summer, I crossed 10 new foods off my Food List Challenge, plus several more items not even on that list. Since giving myself a deadline was so successful, I figure it's time for another one. This time, the goal is a little more specific - I must try a minimum of 3 new foods, and attempt cooking 2 new dishes that I've never cooked before! Below is this month's proposal. Wish me luck people, I'm late starting so there's less than 4 weeks left!

November Foods to Try

1) Fish Tacos 

Photo Source



2) Spaetzle

Photo Source

3) Gazpacho

Photo Source

November Foods to Attempt in my Kitchen

1) Enchiladas

Photo Source

2) My Nan's Delicious Potato Toutons 

Sorry... no photos of these yet, stay tuned for the food challenge wrap-up!


**************************************UPDATE**************************************
Hey all,

Just wanted to take a quick minute to give you an update on my November challenge. In short, I failed... miserably at that! But that's fine. I did make a little progress. I may not have tried any of the above new foods; however, my challenge wasn't a complete failure. I did make two meals in my own kitchen that I've never made before, thus completing 2/5's of my challenge. One of those meals being the enchiladas and the other, Rabbit Soup. Here's how it went.

Enchiladas

These were absolutely dee-lish!! To be honest, this may actually have been the first enchilada I tasted?! Wild I know, either way, these will definitely be prepared again in this household. Yet another recipe from the Looneyspoons. Absolutely loved them and enjoyed them for leftovers for literally 2 days! Makes so many.

Rabbit Soup

Doesn't it look yummy? I couldn't wait to dig in... then I did, and it tasted like nothingness! This was a lesson that something could look delicious but taste the total opposite. Not sure how we went so wrong in cooking this, but we did. Oh and did I mention the rice in the pot sucked up all the remaining pot liquor? lol Didn't know that was possible, but then again I guess anything's possible with me in the kitchen ;)

Nar drop of liquor left!

Anywho, that concludes my update. I promise to work a little harder on the next challenge.






No comments:

Post a Comment