Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mini Baked Brie Cups

Ooey-gooey, flaky and sweet!

I've said before that trying new and tasty things is relatively new to me, after all, it's only been approximately 2 years since my first taste of sushi! With that said, back in March, while out celebrating my sister's birthday, I had my first taste of Brie. It was baked in phyllo pastry, served warm, and paired with a berry coulis! Delicious!!

Ever since then, I've been in search of a good, baked, ooey-gooey-goodness recipe for Brie. Thanks to Pinterest (Follow me!), and the blog Big Red Kitchen, I found exactly what I was in search of - Mini Baked Brie Cups :)





Ingredients:
  • Phyllo pastry (phyllo cups if you can find 'em!)
  • 1 small wedge of Brie
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds (I used slivered)
  • The grated rind from 1 Orange






Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. If using phyllo cups, place them in a mini cupcake tray; otherwise, fold 1 sheet of phyllo pastry into a square and place it within the cupcake mold. Repeat until your tray is filled.

3. Fill each phyllo cup with a small chunk of cheese, enough to fill the cup.


4. Combine brown sugar, almonds and orange rind in a small bowl. Don't forget to thoroughly clean the orange before zesting.

I think the orange zest makes this recipe.
 
5. Sprinkle each cup with the mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until Brie is melted, the almonds have toasted and the sugar has caramelized.

Ready for the oven.
Ready to eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment