Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Clean that Fruit!

So recently I re-pinned a fruit/veggie cleaning technique on Pinterest (follow me! Food Diva). It involved filling a sink with water, adding a cup of vinegar and allowing the fruit/veggies to soak for 10 minutes. After returning from the grocery store yesterday I decided to give it a whirl.

Guess what? It works!! And it works great! I used a large bowl and approximately a 1/4 cup of vinegar. I emptied the water/vinegar concoction after 10 or so minutes, gave the fruit another rinse under the tap, drained it again and presto! Ready to eat, delicious wax-free, dirt-free fruit with no effort.

You're welcome!

Grapes & Cherries Soaking






A film starting to form on top of the water.



After a final rinse - so shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment