Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala - Check!

Scarfing down some Chicken Tikka Masala!
Yesterday you saw me check Tom Yum off my Food List Challenge - today, Chicken Tikka Masala! Now don't get too excited, I won't be able to keep this pace all summer, but at this rate I could easily clear the list no problem.

Basmati Rice, Chicken Tikka Masala, Pappadums & Naan

As opposed to yesterday, where I added water and microwaved, I actually cooked the dish in question today. It was a store bought paste, so I don't take all the credit but it still counts towards my checks!



The Fixings

Tikka Masala Ingredients - Oil, Onion, Masala Paste, Cream and Canned Chopped Tomatoes

Sides - Pappadums, Basmati Rice & Naan Bread


Prepping the Feed

Simmering away...

Pappa-dum preach, I'm a-frying heap...

'Naan... or nom nom?? ;)

Delish!



















Overall, I found the taste of the Chicken Tikka Masala very similar to Butter Chicken, one of my absolute favourite meals! I ate everything you see on the plate above and then some... in other words I stuffed myself silly... 5 hours later, as I'm writing this, I'm still stuffed to the gills! My gluttony aside, the hubby really enjoyed it as well. He suggested we have it again soon, and I think we will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment