Some people like to arrive at a movie by a certain time, some like to sit in a certain row, some prefer a certain seat - I like to hold the popcorn. Often described by friends as a 'popcorn fiend', I enjoy nothing more than mindlessly scarfing down a giant bag of buttery goodness, I know it's not the healthiest, but it's not like I'm at the movie every other day.
When you don't have your own popcorn maker, and you have a tendency to burn the microwaved stuff, it's hard to satisfy that popcorn craving. Thankfully, my hubby introduced me to stove-top popcorn - a much healthier way to eat my face off.
- Peanut Oil (you can also use sunflower or canola)
- Popcorn kernels
- Salt or your favourite popcorn seasoning Note: I LOVE Clubhouse Sour Cream and Onion flavour but can't find it anymore :(
- Fill a large copper bottom pot with enough oil to coat the bottom. Heat on high.
- When the oil appears to be swimming or it starts swirling, add enough kernels to coat the bottom. Cover immediately if you wish to keep your eyes!
- Once the kernels begin to pop (this won't take long), lift the pot off direct heat and allow the kernels to finish popping.
- Empty popcorn into bowl and add topping immediately.
|Risking my life and camera in the name of the blog!|
|Keep the pot over the element, just remove from direct heat|
|Perfect popcorn ready to season|
|Om nom nom!|