|Smart Pasta w/ Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce and Grated Cheddar|
As a general rule I try to keep away from pasta dishes, don't get me wrong, I LOVE pasta! I could eat it all day, everyday and it wouldn't phase me. However, my penchant for pasta makes it difficult not to stuff my face when I have it in front of me ....which then makes it difficult to fit in my pants... but anywho, I digress. This spaghetti sauce is my new go to sauce - so delicious and sooo simple!
|Step 1 & 2|
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper chopped
- 1/2 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 tsp each Salt, Pepper & Oregano
- 1 can (680ml/24oz) Unico Zesty Pasta Sauce
|Step 3 & 4|
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic, onion and green pepper. Saute until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the beef. Cook until almost no pink remains.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini & cherry tomato. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper & oregano. Cook until beef is fully browned and veggies are tender.
- Add sauce to desired sauciness level, keeping in mind it thickens as it simmers. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve over pasta of choice.